The Noobonic Economic Welfare Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OD] Noobonic General Education Act

5 posters

Go down

[OD] Noobonic General Education Act Empty [OD] Noobonic General Education Act

Post  Counts12 Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:00 pm

Expenditure: Will vary but should not exceed $4,000,000.

Purpose: To provide newer server members with education involving the workings specific to Noobonic Plague.

Procedure: To begin, we pick a public place such as Cub Foods and place faded props in the doorway to keep students in and money-grubbers out during lecture. Then we set up a stage area and seating for up to 25 people, allowing each of them to be able to hear and see the speaker. This works as a normal class would, one of us with a microphone stands on stage and gives a lecture (which is discussed beforehand between NEWB members) on certain aspects of Noobonic Plague, such as: what gems do, how to play cop, how to use commands such as rp_xp or !gems, etc. This class progressively becomes more complex until the audience understands most of what is unique to Noobonic.

Where the fund comes in is paying players to enroll in the course, as an incentive to join and to stay and (hopefully) learn. Of course, attendance will be meticulously documented to ensure fair payment to all. First time course-joiners will receive $50,000 and each consecutive course taken by them will be $25,000, followed by another $50,000 payment to members who attended all four classes. (payments will be made after each meeting to ensure that everyone is receiving due payment). This course should take no more than a 15-minute meeting for four consecutive days at a specified time.

NOTE: players over 5 endurance will receive no payment but may be allowed to spectate.

Granted the first wave of students enjoy (and hopefully constructively criticize) the course, we could continue doing courses for each wave of new players.

Counts12

Back to top Go down

[OD] Noobonic General Education Act Empty Re: [OD] Noobonic General Education Act

Post  Riley Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:29 pm

I don't have an opinion on this yet but there might be a problem. Once you give them the cash they could just leave or go afk.

Riley

Back to top Go down

[OD] Noobonic General Education Act Empty Re: [OD] Noobonic General Education Act

Post  Counts12 Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Riley wrote:I don't have an opinion on this yet but there might be a problem. Once you give them the cash they could just leave or go afk.

That's why we pay them after each class. And if I could implement a test without it becoming a hassle, I would.

Counts12

Back to top Go down

Post  Leggy Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Counts12 wrote:
Riley wrote:I don't have an opinion on this yet but there might be a problem. Once you give them the cash they could just leave or go afk.

That's why we pay them after each class. And if I could implement a test without it becoming a hassle, I would.

We should set some strict listening rules, too. Like, no running around, interrupting, or any other distractions.

Leggy

Back to top Go down

Post  ryanscrappy Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Similar to my idea.. I guess if we can ask each one a question.

ryanscrappy

Back to top Go down

Post  Reeseras Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:18 pm

I say yes to this, it would make new players have less "mingy" attitudes. The only thing that concerns me is that people could just idle through the course and not pay attention, maybe we could ask questions during the course to random people or just have the test afterwards. I also think we should hire some guards or get some volunteers to help us and to guard the entrance or to remove "undesirables".

Reeseras

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum